Thursday, February 25, 2010

Her name is Joy

It's almost 1st year anniversary of the piano in the house, yet I haven't really properly named her. So, yesterday (2/24) I decided that she would be called Joy, because that's what she brings to the house.

I remember 2 years ago when I started to consider a purchase. I was not sure that it will be a good investment, since that time we started to have this economic crisis and lots of other people started to lose jobs. I prayed for it for a while and I was so excited when it finally came! In fact, I was so grateful to the LORD that I 'promise' Him that I will use it to bring glory to God. Specifically, I even committed myself to train people be musicians in worship session at church.

There is this one specific time when I started to forgot about this commitment and was being reminded again by God. Once he reminded me, I started to pray that God would direct me to the person He wants to train to serve. Out of the blue, one of my smallgroup girls came to me and told me that she wanted to be trained, even before I asked her. (I have an Amazing God!)

Anyways, all these time, the instrument has helped me to worship God more often with songs and to have a quiet moment of prayer and reflection. We hosted more music practice for young adult and English service. And.....Oh! It helps me to keep Max busy whenever he's in the house. =)

Thank You God, for bringing "Joy" to the house. May You use us to bless more people with the gift of music.

1 comment:

  1. She has brought a lot of music and joy indeed but it can only happen because her lovely owner kindly open her house and share her others. Thank you, sister!

    ReplyDelete