Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camping

These last few weeks, I've been battling with "depression", or so I thought. I constantly felt blue, lonely, homesick, all the negative emotions came and overwhelm my day and night. I was discontent, but couldn't name out the problem. I tried to escape by going shopping, watching dramas, playing piano, do manicure.....nothing really worked. I would forget for a while but then at night when I go to sleep, I kept having bad dreams and woke up tired.

When ci Kiki invited me to go camping with the Rustams, Wijayas and Gunawans, I was hesitating to go. I wanted to try camping since last year, but never had the opportunity. I was hesitating because the participants are all families and because I was not in a very good mood at that time and was trying to avoid people. At the end I asked for days off and my boss excitedly agreed to give me some time off.

Big Sur is very very pretty. Being out in nature, listening to the sound of the streams and waves calmed my soul. Our campsite was right by the creek, and every time I hear the streams of water I was reminded of Psalm 23, the LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. I actually slept better in the camp compare to my own room (despite the cries of the babies, I woke up refreshed).

Sand Dollar Beach


The Creek by our campsiteThe Creek a little bit upstream from our campsite



Taking some day off from work, being out in nature, hanging out with good friends and wonderful kids really lifted up my spirit. Watching the kids' interactions are actually really therapeutic for me =)

I learned to pause and to let God reminds me of how much He loves and cares for me.


SMILE! Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Wah... did you wrote the song, Fon?
    We're so grateful for having you too, sister. Next time ikut lagi ya! :)
    Seriously... you sleep better there? I treasure the memories & experience but I still miss my own bed :P. O... Fon.. maybe next time if you couldn't sleep bisa camping di backyard :)
    Love u

    ReplyDelete