Sunday, July 18, 2010

Post July 17th Biking

So what happened after the ride? For me it's 2 things: sunburn on my face and sore all over the body.

Let's talk about the first one, sunburn. I foolishly only applied SPF 15 because I thought it's going to be cloudy. It was cloudy most of the part, but the sun managed to find way to burn my skin. If you saw me this morning and commented on how burned my skin was, you should have seen me last night. It was 3 times as worse! 3 times! How did it get better so soon? It's the healing "magic" of aloe.

My aunt quickly gave me a piece of aloe last night and told me to get the juice and applied it over my face, let it sit overnight. I was skeptical at first because I used to apply aloe all over my hair when I was a kid, and it's really hard to get rid of the juice even after shampooing a couple times. I tried it anyways (because my cousin Berton said I can have ice cream after I use the aloe). It's really soothing and it really works!

Now about the soreness. My lower body are hurting from the trip. Last night, I barely can climb the stairs (and my room is on the 2nd floor!). While sleeping, I kept waking up every time I want to change position because it's hurting. I can see my clock that I wake up almost every hour.

Now in the past, when that happens, I would cry out to God demanding "God, PLEASE! You know I need sleep....How can I get to work tomorrow? Can't you help me out here?" Well, that doesn't sound like a good prayer, does it?

Last night I had a much better attitude. I couldn't sleep through the night, but I manage to give thanks that I had a wonderful day. Aching body is a little price to pay, and I woke up refreshed. The muscle-pain is going away (not completely, but at least it's not as hurt) and it is the LORD's day!

2 comments:

  1. Hihihihi .... thanks for sharing, Bonda. :-) I had a great time yesterday. And I hope you are not kapok. If you are not, I would love to put together another biking trip in the near future. And by the way, why aren't you putting the lone cypress photo of yourself? And you forgot to add how cheerful and excited you were throughout the whole trip! Like a baby is excited of her first step :-) Very cute lhoooooooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirain mah Yanny yang kapok ajakin fonda soalnya slow pisan. Gimana caranya biar gesitan dikit yah? :P
    Was I really that excited? hahaha....jadi maluuuuu
    But sure! Let's go again kalo Yanny ga kapok =D

    ReplyDelete