Sunday, August 15, 2010

John 15:5

Lately God has been putting this lesson in my heart. Last Friday at Pemuda we learned about how we can share the blessings. I happened to be the worship leader that day and upon preparing to lead God reminded me that I need to receive from Him before I can give to others.

God also reminded me of my conversation with a sister in Christ years ago about being blessing for others. She told me I should not be afraid, for it is from the overflow of God's abundant love for me that I can share with others. Last month I wrote about how my view about God influence my attitude. I guess the same rules applies here. Do I believe that He has enough for me to share? God is always ready to shower us with all spiritual blessings if only we are ready to receive them. I know that! But do I truly believe that it's true?

Today at ES, I was reminded of John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

I want to share this song with you. A song that God's been singing in my heart. And I believe he's singing it to you too.

John 15:5

I'm the vine and you're the branches
Remain in me and I remain in you
Then you will bear much fruit
For apart from Me there's nothing that you can do

So come to Me, child
and I'll give you rest
For my yoke is easy
and my burden is light


Copyright (c) 2010 by Fonda Jong





No comments:

Post a Comment