Sunday, October 11, 2009

Work in Progress

After a loooong time since my last blog post, I finally decided to start blogging again. In contrast with my last blog I created, this one is much more humble in content. The last blog was created when I was in college: I was just moved to Berkeley, life seems to offer a lot of promising opportunities for the future.

As of now, I've been working in the same company for 2 years. While I am grateful for the job and the relationships with people at work, I feel that now it is way easier for me to drift away from God. When I was in school, I spend probably less than 20 hrs at campus and take the rest of the week to study at home. Studying at home was one of my favorite activity, I did it wholeheartedly and I know God was pleased knowing that I did it for Him. There was less noise from the world. Everything seems to be much simpler.

Now, I work 40 hrs a week. As I go home, I need to cook, to clean and to spend time for small group meetings, music practices, endless activities! And although it's been 2 years, I still haven't been able to get it right! That's why this blog is titled "Work In Progress". Though it seems to be slow, I am convinced that God has not given up on shaping me to be more like Him.

2 comments: