Monday, September 24, 2012

Redeemed

My car got towed today T.T
No surprise, it was my fault anyway....

So I had meeting at some friends' apartment - which has parking limit of 3 hours. After meeting, I moved my car to another spot (around 5.30 PM) and left for dinner and dessert after. I came back around 10.30 PM and my car is GONE!

One thing for sure I learned - rules are there to be followed, not to be broken. I need to get into habit to ALWAYS choose to do the RIGHT thing even when NO ONE is checking on me! A lot of time I compromise with rules and regulation, because everyone else is doing it or because it is not reinforced anyway. Should've learned from Nana!

As I told my friends that my car got towed, they generously told me that we are going to split the cost of retrieving the car (aren't they sweet??). But of course it does not make sense for me to do that because I am the one at fault. Why should they help paying for my mistakes? All the way home after retrieving my car, I kept thinking how unfair it is for my friends to pay for my mistake.

Nevertheless, I know ONE person who chose to pay for my mistake - IN FULL! Yes, you got that right! It's Jesus! I am the sinner, yet He is the one who bears the punishments. He paid my debts in full. It is unfair for Jesus to pay for my sins, yet he did that anyway.....

All in all, I came home with a deeper understanding of redemption - that I made mistakes but Jesus covered them with His blood - more motivation to pursue holiness.

Yes, it is kinda hurt to pay so much money to retrieve the car, but my biggest debt has been paid in full at the cross. I am forever grateful. Besides, it's God's money anyway, if He thinks it is how much it cost to teach me a lesson, then I shouldn't have any complains.



1 comment:

  1. awwww :( so sorry to hear dattt *hugggssssss* anty fondaa miss you! i just played with your fish :p

    ReplyDelete