Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blessed.....

Last Saturday, God grant me a chance to serve at Innvision with some of my dearest friends. I've been there before and I served before, but last Saturday was special for me.

We had enough people that day, so when I arrived with my cousins, I can focus on the musical part of the ministry. Thank God we had plenty of time to practice and to really engaged in worship even before we start serving the food. Ko Chris led us in prayer before the people start coming to the room.

As they enter the room, we sang "He has made me glad" (I will enter His gates). I noticed some people were clapping their hands to the rhythm as they were waiting in line for the food. Among the songs we sang, "How great Thou art" and "Amazing Grace" were some of the songs that really stood out. Here's why:

As we sang "How great Thou art", I noticed there's this one lady who sang the chorus with us as she was getting the food. Later on, after we're done, this lady came up to us and told us how much she enjoyed the songs. She said she came with no appetite but she was leaving that place "full".

There's also this one gentleman who enjoyed the songs so much that he wanted to sing with us. Since he did not really know how to sing the song we were singing, he requested for us to sing "Amazing Grace" again. He ended up keeping the music sheet and info about our church.

It's just awesome for me to see how God was at move that day. He touched the hearts of the people we were serving as well as all of us as the servant. That day, again I thank God for the gifts that He had given each one of us. For me, and some of the people in the group that day, I know it is the gift of music. For other people in the group, I can clearly see the gift of hospitality, which I don't think I possess. In either case, God can use the gifts He has given us to bring glory to Him when we lift them up into His hands.

Our God is an awesome God!

2 comments: