Monday, March 22, 2010

Unity

Last Saturday, my cousin asked me to take him to De Anza so he can study with his friends. Since his birthday was coming the following Sunday, I thought it's good to do something nice for him, although I have to drag myself out of the house and take about 40 min drive round trip.

Our merciful God, as always, never WASTE our time. As I was driving home, I tuned in 88.1 FM (CSN International Broadcast). I listened to message taken from Ephesians 4, which is exactly what I needed to hear. There's 2 section of the verse that spoke very strongly to me:

2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace

we need to be humble, gentle, patient, bearing one another in love because we are not working alone in the church. We are working and laboring hand in hand with other believers whom God has called to serve.

11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

There are many gifts but one Spirit. As we use the gifts for the works of service, the body is built up till we all reach unity in faith and become mature.

Please pray for unity in body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment