Sunday, May 30, 2010

Shrek the final chapter

Caution: may contain spoilers.

Went to watch shrek yesterday......It was ri-donkey-lously good! Well, at least I enjoyed it a lot!

I loveeeee animated movies, simply because they usually have a simpler story line (although they don't always make sense) and have simpler take home messages.

One of my favorite lines was when Donkey asked Shrek why would he traded his real life if he had everything he cherished. Shrek answered, "Cause I did not know it (my life) was perfect until it's gone."

I know it's just a movie (an animated one!) but when I heard that line, I couldn't help but to reflect on my own life. Yes, sometimes life can seem to be a boring routine, but God never waste our time. In every season of life, I believe God provides us with enough stuffs to carry on. Hope we all don't have to learn it the hard way like Shrek :p

Let me share a prayer I found in Proverbs 30 with you.

Proverbs 30 (New International Version)

7 "Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.


1 comment: