Thursday, April 3, 2014

On a date with the One who loves me most

Ever since I heard Sam Earp sermon on devotional and having a soul care time, I've always been meaning to try it out but I've always been distracted with other stuffs that it never get to happen.

So this past Monday, on my birthday, I have a strong determination to finally have one. A quiet time to reflect and pray and asking wisdom for direction in the future.

So i went to a quiet cafe, spending time praying and just enjoying the Lord's presence. I then started to read back my journal entries from 2004. The journal itself was a birthday gift from ci kiki way back then.

I kept thinking to myself how funny it is, that although my name is Fonda, all my life stories have been all about grace. Anyways, looking back those years overwhelmed me with gratitude for all the things God has done in my life. There is a sense of wonder of how he orchestrated my life, crossing my paths with others to pray and encourage one another, to learn from one another, to speak truth to one another.

As I read my journal, I see all of them as and extension of God's grace. I'm grateful for these people who pursue the introverted me, building friendship with me and inviting me to their lives. I'm grateful that although I am still introverted, over the years God helped me to be more fond of people, to get interested in their lives and to see God's handiwork through them.

Anyways, this year's birthday theme has been all about gratitude. I am grateful that I get to spend time with the one who loves me most and get my love tank filled up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment