Tuesday, September 20, 2016

"Continuous Weakening"

Ever since I moved to a new place earlier this months, I've been reading 7 chapters from Bible and a very short devotional notes before the morning break. Today was the first time I missed. I woke up at 4, felt a bit tired to get out of bed and finally succumbed to my flesh, staying in bed and doing other things on my tablet.

I was still in bed when my mom came into my room and ask me to go to the market with her. I don't want to go out "empty" so I quickly read the short devotional notes for the day. It says,
"The final failure comes from the continuous weakening." ( taken from Edges of His ways by Amy Carmichael)  
Amy quoted Westcott commentary on Hebrews 12:1-3 when she wrote this. 
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." 
I am so grateful for the timely rebuke. Last month, a friend of mine said that our choices create our character. The choices we make even in little things has greater consequence than we think. The moment I choose to "let down my guard" is the moment I am heading into disaster. Today, it is "only" one "miss", but for sure it is not getting me closer to the place I want to be (closer to His heart).

What about you? Are the choices you made leading you to the place you want to be? To the place God wants you to be?

Let us:

  • Throw off everything that hinders and
  • Throw off sin that so easily entangles.
Let us:
  • Run with perseverance the race marked out for us
  • Fix our eyes on Jesus
Consider Him...so you will not grow weary and lose heart. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment