Monday, August 15, 2016

If


I've been blessed so much by the devotional book "If" written by Amy Carmichael. During our weekend trip to Lake Tahoe, this page speaks loudly to me:

If I make much of anything appointed to me, magnify it secretly to myself or insidiously to others; if I let them think it hard, if I look back longingly upon what used to be and linger among the byways of memory, so my power to help is weakened, then I know nothing of Calvary love. 
Brethren, I do not reckon to have laid hold of it yet, but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and extending myself unto those things which are ahead, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)
Help me to not dwell on things from the past - whether they are successes or failures. May I only press forward to the work you have placed in front of me. 
 Afterwards we went to church and I was reminded of God's love for me. The sermon was taken from Genesis 3 where the Bible records the fall of man AND the promise of salvation from God. I was reminded of a Father's heart for His children. In that moment, I felt that God is inviting me to step into the future with full confidence in His love for me, instead of with fear. I love how He always prepares me for what lies ahead! God is indeed good, all knowing, and wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment