Friday, January 15, 2010

December vacation

In December, I am grateful...................

that God gave me a chance to spend quality time with my little bro last Christmas. I did go back to Indo earlier in the year 2009, but I have different enjoyment in taking him around Bay Area and Disneyland with me. The moments I enjoyed the most were times when I can see him awed by what he saw and experienced. I enjoyed seeing him so excited to see seals and hawks at Point Lobos, I enjoyed seeing him wanting wait in line to take a picture with Goofy, or to wave at other Disney characters as we watched Christmas parade; or when we ride roller coaster and I can hear him scream at some parts of the ride.
Bottom line is, it is really fulfilling for me to see him enjoying his stay here.

As I reflect on my feelings, I imagine God is also like me. That He enjoys seeing me exploring His creation in awe and seeing me uncovering His plans and purpose with full excitement. Unfortunately, I am not always showing enthusiasm towards His plan nor His creation. I know sometimes God would stir things up around me to get me to react to Him, but my response does not always please Him.

As we start off this year,
let us actively seek Him at work around us, always on alert, make most of every opportunity and seek to respond in ways that are pleasing to Him and
let us receive God's blessing with a grateful heart and by doing so giving the glory back to God.


1 comment:

  1. Wah ada fish. I'll show it to Max when he wakes up. Thank you for the reminder & the monitor my dear sister. More writing pizzz :)

    ReplyDelete