Sunday, September 12, 2010

car breakdown

It was end of July and I was doing errands right after work. I stopped by supermarket to buy groceries and then go to ATM to take some cash. Next thing I know, the car won't start =(
I actually had a jumper at the trunk but I did not know how to use it and I was too shy to ask for help. I happened to left my cell phone at home that day so I couldn't call anyone for help either.

I decided to walk home (it was only 15 min away, thank God!). After dinner my uncle went with me to try to jump start it, but it won't budge. We called AAA and they tried to start it too, yet it still didn't work. So they towed it to the shop and replace the battery.

Last Friday, as I drove home from work, I notice that dashboard lights for battery and brake were on. And I kinda feel like the car has no power. Prayerfully, I drove home and made it! My uncle take me to the car shop right away that day. It turned out that the alternator is broken. For those who don't know (like I did before Friday), alternator is used to convert mechanical energy to electrical energy (i.e: it is used to re-charge your battery to store power).

I was thankful that I got back home safely that Friday, but I still kinda complain to bu guru about the car. But then she reminded me to be thankful. To think about it, I guess it's good to get a brand new battery. If I didn't have a brand new battery last July, the car might not have enough power to drive 15 miles from office and I will get stranded by the freeway and cause major inconveniences for my uncle.

God's timing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment