Monday, September 13, 2010

Lord of my life

Last week, financial expert Dave Ramsey was featured as guest at KLOVE on 8 o'clock airtime. Unfortunately during that week I mostly came to work at 8.15 so i didn't get to hear much.

One of the thing I heard and truly blessed my heart was about tithing. He mentioned that in budgeting, no matter what, tithing should be the first thing we do. Tithing has helped him to say "money is not the lord of my life, God is".

While managing money certainly challenging for me, time management has been even more challenging. I found myself running out of time too often that I start to wonder what would happen if I apply the same principle every morning. From the moment I wake up, I surrender the day into God's plan, that I would say "my time is not mine alone, it's God's"

Romans 14:7-9 (New International Version)

7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment